Monday, February 5, 2018

CAPTURING THE MAGIC AROUND YOU




As children we embrace magic and dreaming and the other day I started thinking about what the one thing I missed from being young and I have to say what I came up with was the wild abandon of dreaming and believing in fairies, Santa, and the Easter bunny.
 I miss that innocence of believing in innocent things that made you dream of what could be.
And then I thought about it more and came to the conclusion I really have not lost that ability to believe and am still holding onto the whimsies of childhood with my art. 
With art I think artist still have that belief that those things exist for honestly it is the only way we illustrate, write books and stories and create them from an imagination that still holds onto that magic! So for all you artist out there who think that they have lost the ability to pretend, dream, and wish I am here to tell you it is still in there you just have to allow it to come out and play.
Just have fun and spend a day chasing fairies and unicorns with a pencil and paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment